PISE Fall 2020 COVID-19 Updates
PISE has been closely monitoring the information and requirements provided by the Government of BC in response to COVID19. While there are some small adjustments we will need to make to abide by restrictions announced November 23, 2020 be assured that at this time, PISE’s COVID Safety plan and our strict protocols allow us to continue offering most of our services. We have had to suspend programs today, Tuesday Nov. 24 until the new guidelines/orders are received today or tomorrow and we can adjust. Please stay tuned.
We are sharing with you the protocols we have in place, and changes we are making, to ensure your safety not only by abiding with restrictions set out but also in consideration of relevant information shared by the Public Health Officer.
- We have kept registration to small numbers to enable physical distancing.
- We are increasing the distance between participants to 3 meters.
- We are improving ventilation by opening windows and doors.
- We are modifying programming appropriately to adjust intensity.
- We will ensure participants are working at a moderate intensity with longer rest periods in their own designated area. PISE coaches will emphasize mobility, core and compound exercises within programs.
- We have extensive cleaning in place.
We care deeply about your health and well-being, so we are working hard to create a safe environment and ensure you can continue to access essential physical activity, not only for health benefits, but also as a healthy way to deal with the significant stress we are all experiencing at this time.
The PISE Team
Registration and Protocols
- In an effort to ensure contactless payment, please register for programs through our online portal. If this is not possible, registration by phone through our welcome desk will be possible, however due to increased call volumes, online registration is the best way to secure your class spot. PH: 250.220.2510
- Participants are required to complete our updated waiver prior to participating in any program (click here for required waiver) and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants must self-assess and STAY HOME if they have traveled in the past 14 days OR if someone in their household is sick
- Program participants will be verbally screened using Health Canada questionnaire
- Use provided hand sanitizer before and after each session
- Participants are asked to bring a full water bottle as water fountains are disabled in the facility and access to the facility will be limited for program participants except for use of bathrooms (occupancy in bathrooms will be limited).
- Participants may be required to sign-in with personnel prior to accessing the facility to ensure adequate records are kept
- Change rooms and shower facilities are not currently available, and participants are asked to arrive in workout clothing.
- Individuals will be provided equipment that has been sanitized prior to use and will remain in their designated area, should individuals move from that spot, they will adhere to strict social distancing measures
- Disinfectant used and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) information will be available on request (while this may change, PISE currently uses Oxivir Plus, a hydrogen peroxide based disinfectant that is on Health Canada’s approved list for disinfectants and has the EPA’s novel pathogen claim)
- PISE has increased custodial services in the facility cleaning and sanitizing key touch points regularly
- Use of some equipment (specifically porous items) will be limited, and while mats are provided, participants are permitted to bring any equipment they would like to use, provided it is for their use only
Thank you so much for your continued patience as we all re-engage with our outstanding community!