Updated October 25th, 2021
By Order of the Provincial Health Officer, proof of vaccination will be required to access select programs and services starting September 13, 2021. At this time the following activities, programs and/or services are covered by the Proof of Vaccination Public Health Order (PHO):
- All fitness/weight room activities (programs and drop-in) for all eligible ages (i.e. 12 years and up for the weight room)
- All indoor adult sport activities including but not limited to volleyball and basketball
- Events over 50 people (games, tournaments, presentations, meetings)
Please have your official proof of vaccination and government-issued photo ID ready. Please be aware that proof of vaccination will be required every time you come to the facility.
- Clients need to bring a piece of government issued ID and their BC Vaccine Card. Must be double vaccinated
- Clients are responsible for bringing their own masks and PISE is not giving out masks at this time
By October 24, 2021 you must be fully vaccinated (two doses) to access the programs/services listed above. The requirement applies to all people born in 2009 or earlier (12+). To meet the requirements of the PHO, staff will ask to see your proof of vaccination card and one piece of valid government issued photo identification. Patrons will be required to provide your BC Vaccine Card either digitally or as a paper copy as of September 26, 2021. Youth aged 12-18 who are accessing fitness activities or events are only required to show proof of vaccination and not government issued photo ID. Please see the BC Proof of Vaccination website for more information – https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
Please recognize that activities and programs covered under the PHO may change over time. At this time, the following activities are exempt from the proof of vaccination procedures:
- Child & youth sport & activities including coaches, volunteers and parents accompanying and supporting a child’s participation
- Birthday parties (for children),
- CSEE students accessing the fitness centre for their educational classes. Students will need to provide proof of vaccinations to access the fitness centre outside of their scheduled classes
- Seaspan testing for workers
- Programs and training happening exclusively outside will not be required to provide proof of vaccination
- Adult recreation programs such educational classes with a maximum registration of under 50 people.
At this time we will not be opening the gymnasium to general public drop in. Camosun Chargers registered athletes may use the gym outside of their scheduled practice times once the requirements by management have been met.
For any clients who are unable to provide proof of vaccinations PISE can place your membership on hold at your request for the duration of the order. Please contact our Member Services Administrator at 250 220 2547.
Please be aware that PISE is committed to ensuring that our clients and staff remain safe during these times and is following the Provincial Health Orders as we interpret them. Changes may occur as we receive more information and guidance from the government.
PISE continues to closely monitor the information and requirements provided by the Government of BC in response to COVID19. We make ongoing adjustments to abide by restrictions announced. Be assured that at this time, PISE’s COVID Safety plan and our strict protocols allow us to continue offering many of our services.
You can view our full Safety Plan by clicking on the link below. Here are the current highlights:
- First, do NOT enter the facility if you are sick!
- Please know MASKS are required at all times (including during exercise) in the Fitness Centre
- Physical Distancing must be adhered to at all times.
- Personal Training is still available. Masks are required and distancing is in place.
- PISE management reserves the right to revoke membership/access if these guidelines, expectations and etiquette are not followed.
- Facility rentals will continue if they align with the current restrictions. The restrictions on sport from the Government of BC are as follows:
- All organized indoor and outdoor sports for people under 19 years of age must follow Return to Sport Restart with respect to maintaining physical distance for participants.
- Please see the PHO guidelines for varsity athletes and CSI Pacific high performance athletes through the government link below.
View all the Government of BC restrictions and guidelines here.
We care deeply about your health and well-being, so we are working hard to create a safe environment and ensure you can continue to access essential physical activity, not only for health benefits, but also as a healthy way to deal with the significant stress we are all experiencing at this time.