We’re proud to offer Play Your Way, a funding opportunity for children and youth under 19 years who require full or partial funding in order to participate in PISE Community Programs or Camps located at our facility on the Camosun College Interurban campus and within the Greater Victoria region.
Please review the eligibility considerations and guidelines listed below.
PISE considers the social and economic barriers facing the young person’s family when determining eligibility for funding. To help manage the increased demand and to ensure fair distribution of funding, as resources allow, first time applicants will receive priority for funding. If funding is available, returning applicants will be considered.
- Children under 19 years old at time of program commencement are eligible to apply for a subsidy.
- subsidies are applied directly to PISE for the payment of PISE camps and community programs.
- Applications must be received 3 weeks prior to the beginning of the program requested, and payment for the program should not have been made. We cannot process the subsidy in time for the program if it is submitted later than this.
- Preference is given to first time applicants.
- subsidy amount awarded is based on need, with a limit of $350 per child/per fiscal year. (April 1 – March 31)
- Incomplete applications will be returned. This includes the registration questions.
- Reference should be someone who is familiar with the child and aware of your family circumstances. Reference cannot be a family member or relation. Suggested references are: coach, teacher, school counsellor, neighbour.
- Additional clarification of circumstances may be requested.
Play Your Way Grant