A Safe Fitness Environment
For your safety we are following BC Ministry of Health and WorkSafe BC guidelines. Below are some details on how things are working but please refer to the Etiquette and Procedures below and our COVID Safety Plan page to understand the full scope of protocols in place. Everyone will be expected to adhere to them.
- Do NOT enter the facility if you are sick! Clients must answer a BC Health Assessment each day.
- Please know MASKS are now required at all times ( including during exercise) in the Fitness Centre.
- Physical Distancing must be adhered to at all times.
- Members now need to reserve time online to use the Fitness Centre.
- Hours are limited, please check our hours page for the latest info.
Booking, No Show and Cancellation Policies
- Members have the ability to reserve up to 7 time slots per week.
- Members are only eligible for only 1 booking timeslot per day.
- Drop-ins are NOT available.
- Memberships can only be purchased online or over the phone at 250.220.2510.
- CSEE/CSI members can only book 24 hours in advance.
- Timeslot options are subject to change and please continue to check Booksteam for updates.
- Cancellation policy: All members are required to give 24 hours’ notice to cancel their session. If you have any questions, please contact us directly at Reception or 250.220.2510.
- No-show policy: Due to the unique situation we find ourselves in, PISE is adopting a strict no-show policy. Should clients miss three sessions without prior communication, PISE reserves the right to suspend clients membership for two weeks with no compensation. This policy is to ensure all members of the PISE community have the opportunity to use our facilities.
Important New Etiquette and Procedures
- Entrance for members will ONLY be through fitness centre exterior door entrance (door by field and gymnasium entrance).
- There will be no access to the fitness centre until the scheduled start time, individuals are asked to arrive no earlier than 5 minutes prior to their reserved time.
- Those arriving early must line up on the markings outside the fitness centre exterior door entrance (door by field and gymnasium entrance), alongside the wall and adhere to 2 meters physical distancing.
- Staff and Clients should be answering BC Health Assessment each day.
- STAY HOME if you have travelled in the past 14 days OR if someone in your household is sick.
- Do NOT enter the facility if you are sick. Anyone exhibiting any signs of sickness will be asked to be leave the facility immediately.
- Avoid touching your face and Cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
- No entry will be permitted for individuals arriving 30 minutes AFTER scheduled start time.
- Those arriving early must line up on the markings outside the fitness centre exterior door entrance (door by field and gymnasium entrance), alongside the wall.
- 5 minutes before the scheduled start time, PISE staff will check in those who are already waiting outside the entrance. A sanitization station will be located outside prior to entering the building.
- Doors to building will be opened on the hour of the given time slot.
- Washrooms will be available with limited capacity on the first floor.
- Please arrive with essentials to your training sessions. A small cubby will be assigned to members but limited space will be available.
- Upon entering the fitness centre, each person will a bottle of sanitizing spray and towel, which will include colored cones and a bottle of sanitizing spray to use for the duration of the workout. Paper towel is available throughout the fitness centre. Bags of chalk will be available upon request.
- Observe and obey all taped areas and directional signage throughout your workout. You must maintain a physical distance of 2.5m/6ft at all times.
- Clean equipment before and after use with sanitizer spray and paper towel and follow outlined instructions as posted
- Some outdoor access for workout purposes will be available during your scheduled booking, depending on the weather.
- 5 minutes prior to the end of the session an announcement will be made to ensure clients are aware of the time.
- Exit is through the same designated door by the fitness centre.
- Equipment cannot be shared or used simultaneously.
- Avoid spotting and only lift loads that you can manage on your own.
- Some equipment may be closed temporarily due to proximity to other equipment. Please see signs for reference.
- Water fountains are available only for filling water bottles. Please bring own water bottle with you to your training session.
- Change rooms and shower facilities are not currently available. Arrive in comfortable workout clothing and sneakers.
- PISE management reserves the right to revoke membership/access if these guidelines, expectations and etiquette are not followed.
When you become a PISE member, you have access to our high quality performance fitness centre for all abilities, including an impressive range of equipment and access to the Track & Training Zone, 4-lane track, and field.
You’ll have a dedicated, trained Fitness Attendant always on shift to assist you who has a minimum of BCRPA certification. Four Month, Eight Month and Annual Memberships now include a 20% discount on PISE programs*!
Camosun Students1, Faculty & Staff
All rates plus GST | 1. With valid student card | 2. Seniors rates apply to anyone 60+ years
3. 10x Flex Passes have no expiry date & are not shareable | 4. Includes a parking pass, locker and towel service
*Paid memberships only
Student, senior and faculty memberships can be purchased at the PISE Fitness Centre.
Please note: memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.