A Safe Fitness Environment
PISE continues to closely monitor the information and requirements provided by the Government of BC, Island Health and WorkSafe BC to maintain the health and safety of our staff and clients in response to COVID19. With Step 3 of the Re-start Plan started as of July 1st, the PISE team has been preparing for our response. Step 3 of the Re-start Plan will bring changes and will take some time for our team to coordinate to ensure that we are following the guidelines.
- Do NOT enter the facility if you are sick!
- As of Wednesday, Aug. 25, 2021, masks must be worn in all indoor public spaces throughout B.C. This means that masks must be worn in all common spaces of the PISE facility. Masks are not required while exercising, however, they are required while transitioning between exercise stations.
- Members are no longer required to book spots in the Fitness Centre.
- Drop-ins are available for the Fitness Centre only.
- Changerooms have re-opened as of August 1st.
- All Members must scan their PISE cards to enter the Fitness Centre.
- By Order of the Provincial Health Officer, proof of vaccination will be required to access select programs and services starting September 13, 2021. At this time the following activities, programs and/or services are covered by the Proof of Vaccination Public Health Order (PHO):
- All fitness/weight room activities (programs and drop-in) for all eligible ages (i.e. 12 years and up for the weight room)
- All indoor adult sport activities including but not limited to volleyball and basketball
- Events over 50 people (games, tournaments, presentations, meetings)
Please have your official proof of vaccination and government-issued photo ID ready. Please be aware that proof of vaccination will be required every time you come to the facility.
For September 13, patrons must have at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and by October 24, 2021 must be fully vaccinated (two doses) to access the programs/services listed above. The requirement applies to all people born in 2009 or earlier (12+). To meet the requirements of the PHO, staff will ask to see your proof of vaccination card and one piece of valid government issued photo identification. Patrons will be required to provide your BC Vaccine Card either digitally or as a paper copy as of September 26, 2021. Until September 26, 2021, patrons may also show the orange and blue COVID 19 Immunization Record paper card received at the time of vaccination. Youth aged 12-18 who are accessing fitness activities or events are only required to show proof of vaccination and not government issued photo ID. Please see the BC Proof of Vaccination website for more information – https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
- For any clients who are unable to provide proof of vaccinations PISE can place your membership on hold at your request for the duration of the order. Please contact our Member Services Administrator at 250 220 2547.
- Please be aware that PISE is committed to ensuring that our clients and staff remain safe during these times and is following the Provincial Health Orders as we interpret them. Changes may occur as we receive more information and guidance from the government.
Important New Etiquette and Procedures
In effect as of July 19, 2021
- Entrance for members will ONLY be through fitness centre exterior door entrance (door by field and gymnasium entrance).
- STAY HOME if you or if someone in your household is sick.
- Avoid touching your face and Cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
- Washrooms will be available.
- Upon entering the fitness centre, please continue to wash or sanitize hands.
- Upon entering the fitness centre, we ask that all clients continue to pick up a bottle of sanitizing spray and towel to use for the duration of the workout. Paper towel is available throughout the fitness centre. Bags of chalk will be available upon request.
- Please continue to clean equipment before and after use with sanitizer spray and paper towel.
- Water fountains are available.
- Change rooms are now available, but showers are still not available.
- Arrive in comfortable workout clothing and sneakers.
- PISE management reserves the right to revoke membership/access if these guidelines, expectations and etiquette are not followed.
When you become a PISE member, you have access to our high quality performance fitness centre for all abilities, including an impressive range of equipment and access to the Track & Training Zone, 4-lane track, and field. Four Month, Eight Month and Annual Memberships now include a 20% discount on PISE programs*!
Camosun Students1, Faculty & Staff
All rates plus GST | 1. With valid student card | 2. Seniors rates apply to anyone 60+ years
3. 10x Flex Passes have no expiry date & are not shareable | 4. Includes a parking pass, locker and towel service
*Paid memberships only
Student, senior and faculty memberships can be purchased at the PISE Fitness Centre.
Please note: memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.